Monday, January 23, 2006

A Quiet House

It's true--the house is quiet. The big kids are off on a trip, outfitted with long underwear and neck gaiters: tomorrow morning they hit the ski slope. Daisy and I are redeeming the time as best we can.

I had court this morning so Daisy went to visit my friend Carol who has a two-year old boy. Daisy was on her best behavior and inspected an outstanding number of toys and books. I was glad for both Daisy *and* Carol, since sad babies are really no fun.

I had the pleasure of seeing the judge close two of my cases today (I represent parents whose children are in foster care). Today two of my families had made such excellent progress that their cases were entirely closed. One mother in particular had really turned her life around and I was very happy to see her succeed.

Meanwhile at home, we are undertaking some extra sewing (I finished a white linen blouse yesterday, very nice!), some extra cleaning, and we are *not* cooking big meals, or doing any kind of homeschool! Very restful.

I'll be climbing the walls by tomorrow night.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails