Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bella Bakes

Bella made three loaves of banana bread all by herself today! All I did was read her the recipe one item at a time--not that she couldn't read it, but I make substitutions, and the recipe itself is a "Variation" of another on the page, and it's tricky to jump back and forth and easy to lose your place. So I would tell Bella the ingredient and she would interpret it back in her own kind of fraction patois:

Me: "Two thirds cup rice milk."
Bella: "That's one slash three filled up twice!"
Bingo!

She did a lovely job, and she has laid a nice array of slices in a vintage pie plate to take along to our Bible study group tonight, where I know she will shine with accomplishment as she passes it around.

2 comments:

Magistra Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Magistra Mommy said...

My apologies, Anna! I was going to add to my posted comment and I accidentally deleted it!

Hooray for Bella! Perhaps she will keep Clara company in the kitchen baking lots of goodies for your family.

By the way, I posted pictures of my making your Schoolhouse Gingerbread on my blog. It is WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing such a fantastic recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails