Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring Cleaning the Pantry

My big project today was The Pantry. Frankly, I have been looking at the wad of gum stuck to the floor next to the trash can for long enough. The pantry would stay a lot cleaner if it didn't also house the kitchen trash, but that is What Is, so maybe I should just clean it more!

The shelves were actually in great shape and have been ever since Clara has taken over the organization of the pantry. When the groceries come into the house, the kids unload them and sort them into refrigerator pile and pantry pile. Clara then takes over as sole stocker of the pantry, and the canned and dry goods are always in perfect order, thanks to her tidy nature.

It was the lower half of the pantry that needed my attention. I removed everything from the floor, washed my potato and onion bins, wiped down my wheat buckets, and then got in on and my hands and knees with a bucket of hot soapy water and scrubbed the walls, baseboard, and floor. That was some dirty water in my bucket when I was finished.

When everything was dry and fresh I moved everything back in and admired. Nice.

1 comment:

Magistra Mommy said...

Anna,
I spring cleaned our pantry/mudroom the other day and I know how you feel. It is such a rewarding feeling when you finish up and see it looking so great!

I hope the Lord blesses our family with a "Clara"- right now I have two very messy little boys! LOL

In His joy,
Kelli

Related Posts with Thumbnails