Thursday, March 23, 2006

Square Foot Gardening


(Picture of my garden in fall with the asparagus still in feather)

Square foot gardening has been around for a while and always intrigues me but I've never made the leap to using this method exclusively. I do have a modified sort of square foot garden, in that I have permanent beds placed in permanent paths for my vegetables, and I dig rotting leaves and compost into my planting beds every year.

My friend Jody has invited Giles and Felix to join her boys in forming a "square foot gardening team" in a contest that the organization is sponsoring this summer, which involves planting, tending, and documenting through writing, photos, and video. It sounds fantastic and I hope they win lots and lots of cash!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails