Thursday, May 04, 2006

Key Limes

I've never seen these live and in-person before, so when Giles and I saw bags of them on display at the Walmart Supercenter, we impulse purchased. They are only as big as a walnut! So far we have:
•squeezed them on vanilla ice cream
•squeezed them over grated carrot and pineapple salad
•cut them open and sucked on them.

Tomorrow in the true Key Lime spirit I will be making:

*Upside-Down Frozen Key Lime Pie*

Do not make this in a pie plate. Use dessert dishes, margarita glasses, sherbet cups, etc.

Into large bowl:
Squeeze out 1/2 C. key lime juice.
Grate 1 T. peel.
Stir in 1 can condensed milk.

In a medium bowl, whip 1 C. cream until stiff. Fold the cream into the lime mixture a big spoonful at a time. Distribute among 8 serving dishes (see above--I always use my big stemmed green margarita glasses).

Make or purchase a graham cracker crust. Break it gently into large pieces, aiming for eigths. Stick about an eigth of the crust in each glass in an artless fashion. Freeze glasses for a few hours. When ready to serve, garnish with extra whipped cream and some more lime zest.

I love this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A new recipe to try...yeah! by the way, I am the mom of five too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails