Monday, May 29, 2006

Minted Water

An entry in the So-Good and So-Obvious category: I picked a big bunch of spearmint this morning from the backyard, rinsed it, and stuffed it in a pitcher of water with a few ice cubes. It was so good! The mint infused the water with not so much an obvious spearmint taste, which I find kind of numbing anyway, at least in quantity, but more of a flavor both sweet and herbaceous. My big handful of sprigs stayed fresh all day, and flavored several fill-ups of the pitcher.

This is one I want to remember, and if I succeed at that, maybe try with a couple of slices of cucumber. Or basil leaves.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Mmmmmm, sounds good Anna. I've done similar using lemon balm [melissa] and it is delicious too :o)

Kelli said...

I really like cucumber water. Very light and refreshing!
Kelli

Related Posts with Thumbnails