Friday, September 29, 2006

Tea Party


Last week's lunch was so much fun that today I had friends over to tea. Besides, the round table was still under the maple tree ready for setting!


I didn't have a lot of time to prepare so I kept the menu simple: cucumber sandwiches on homemade bread spread with Greek yogurt, dusted with sea salt and fresh-ground pepper; brownies; and dried cherry scones with whipped cream and raspberry jam. And, of course, Cream Earl Gray tea.





My lovely neighbor brought over roses! They looked gorgeous with the table setting.



Eating and drinking and talking in the dappled shade of the maple, watching the sky change and the clouds blow by, was wonderful. If I had a staff, believe me, I would have a tea party every day.

10 comments:

Heather Anne said...

Beautiful pictures - your china is so pretty with the green glass, and the roses are breathtaking - so lovely! I should think there would be more joy in this world if we all stopped each day and took time for tea!

Cindi said...

I love the green sugar and creamer! You tea sounded lovely!

Cindi said...

I love the green sugar and creamer. Your tea sounded lovely.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I adore the china! That is a beautiful pattern.

After seeing those brownies, I am quite hungry for chocolate.

As soon as I get off the computer...

Anonymous said...

I've never seen that china pattern before...it is beautiful!! I agree the green glass does add to its beauty. More thouogh sharing this all with friends makes it even more beautiful!!

Janel said...

Breath taking!

MrsSM said...

Would you mind sharing your brownie recipe, pretty please?

Anonymous said...

Ah, the pleasures of tea... especially outdoors and with good company!

Just lovely.

~Ann

Kelli said...

Just beautiful!! I love your green sugar and creamer. It goes perfectly with your pretty china.
Kelli

Anonymous said...

de-lurking, after several days of reading at odd moments. First learned of your site through LikeMerchantShips.

But what brought me from hiding: we have the same china! Rosemead, by Mikasa : )

debbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails