Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sweet Things to Sew



I love Clara's new pincushion! And I love that she found and followed the directions without any assistance from me.

Not that I would *mind* helping her. But I have been busy myself making many of these:


from Cynthia Treen's book. I adore that with two rectangles of fabric, and a (thrifted) zipper, I can have such a lovely, squashable, dimensional bag. I've made them for all the girls, you know, toothbrush and toothpaste and hairbrush for spending the night. They go together in a flash.

And I've been cooking up many other goodies, which I've posted in the shop tonight!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How lovely that your girls have an interest in sewing, and that you have encouraged and helped them for so long. It's a lovely skill to have, that will stand them in good stead all their lives. But then they do have a wonderful role model!

Davene said...

I agree with Morning that it's wonderful to see your girls following in your footsteps in this skill!

Also, in an effort to give credit where credit is due and to let you know a way in which you have made a lasting impact on my family, I wrote a post on my blog that referred to something I learned from you--and thought you might want to see it. Thanks!!! :)

http://lifeonsylvandrive.blogspot.com/2007/11/fun-with-food.html

Trina said...

anna, I have been considering an etsy shop - I see that you keep adding things to yours regularly - is this because it has been profitable? Would you mind telling us more about how you market your treasures from home?
Thanks for your time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails