Friday, November 23, 2012

Lovely, Lovely Thanksgiving


So much good cooking (with good cooks)--we served eighteen people


at two tables in the dining room.


Giles and Felix brought me gorgeous foliage and berries, and Daisy added little birds and butterflies here and there.


My oldest brother napping on the floor--I love that he feels at home here still--we grew up here together.


My mother brought all the pies and rolls, which is why I always feel that Thanksgiving work is no big deal.


Beautiful pie crew--doesn't Owen look like he could be my own? He belongs to my brother.


Room for so many people I love.


"Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love . . . for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things."
(Psalm 107: 7-9) 



8 comments:

Julian said...

Beautiful table,beautiful food,beautiful people. Much to be thankful for! Thankyou for sharing!
Christina

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to share the beauty of the day. I love the simple beauty of your blog..the quiet corner that it is. Thank you for taking the time.

seashoreknits said...

What beautiful thoughts, Anna - I hope your Thanksgiving was blessed in every way!

Susan said...

This is all so beautiful! I love your spirit.

Celeste said...

I just love the little bird on the table. He has such "attitude"!!

Laura said...

I love this holiday the best. There were 34 at my parents' house. A two or three day slumber party with my parents and siblings and nieces and nephews -- four of which are babies.

Farrah said...

What a blessed family you have to enjoy.

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

Just looking back at some of your fall pictures...beautiful Thanksgiving table, love the cast iron pot with green beans!

Related Posts with Thumbnails