Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Floating Gingham Patch Scrap Quilt


 

I thought this crib quilt was about the two strips of deep-toned scraps I put together with natural linen. But when I picked it up from its stay at my mother's house, I found out that it was actually about the two charming "floating patches" of gingham she had added to the edges. These quilts have a life of their own!


I'm headed out to camp with the girls tomorrow, but hope to put this in the shop on Saturday. If anyone's interested before then, they're welcome to email. I'll be asking $125, since it's loaded with hand-quilting. See you in a few days!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, if I could just borrow your mother for a bit, I/we just might get a few quilts finished by Christmas. I am amazed how many quilts she has quilted for you. Another wonderful quilt.
blessings, jill

Lisa said...

That's a beauty! Glad your mother is back to herself again.

Lisateresa

Kimberlee said...

Such a blessing that your mother is quilting for you still! Deo gratias!

Jodes said...

I just adore this! Have a wonderful time camping with your girlies :)

Anonymous said...

Anna, this comment is timed on a strange entry, but I'm getting married soon and everyone is asking me what kitchen appliances I want for the shower! Do you have any suggestions? We cook quite a lot so I've asked for good quality knives and cutting boards (not my flimsy things from college), some mixing bowls, a pressure cooker, and an immersion blender. Any other things you've found you really love or would recommend? Sorry for the strange questions!

Anna said...

Anonymous, I think your list sounds perfect. I would also get a countertop ice cream freezer (with the freezer bowl that goes in the freezer), and a lifetime quality stand mixer (Kitchenaid), if that was an option. Blessings on you!

maggiegracecreates said...

i love that fun little detail

Related Posts with Thumbnails