Saturday, April 12, 2014

Clara's Saturday at Home

Clara didn't make it home last weekend because her flight was cancelled last minute--she shlepped her tote bag back to campus and we pushed the whole thing forward a week. Which means she's home right now!


Let's see. We have knitted, gardened (a lot), washed outside furniture, cut her bangs, cooked, and eaten a lemon drizzle cake. 


Actually, just Clara's been knitting while I piece my quilt. She's doing this beautiful lace-weight merino in a vintage pattern, and she's enthralled with the picot edge she got from turning down a band with a row of eyelet knitted through the middle. I'll make her model it when it has sides.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clara, I miss you. I hope you're having a great time with your family (I hope they made you a new orange cream cake) and I look forward to seeing you at school again soon. <3, Angela

Rose said...

Beautiful work as always Clara! Now I'm trying to work out if Clara is left handed or if she knits continental style.

Julian said...

Clara is such a beautiful young woman already! Such a treat you can spend some time with her! Have a wonderful weekend!
Christina

Lisa said...

Oh those Continental knitters - they can whiz through things faster than the rest of us!

Lisateresa

Holly said...

Have y'all checked out Very Pink Knits on YouTube? If not, you'll love Stacy! Clara might learn something - and at the very least will find a kindred spirit! :)

Leah said...

Family visits and knitting...you can't ask for a better combination!

Heather said...

Sounds wonderful enjoy your visit! -Heather

Farrah said...

What a blessing to spend time with your Clara. I'm sure you've missed her greatly. Has she gone back to school? Some colleges have two weeks of spring break so I'm hoping you get more time with her. The knitting speed she has is amazing!

Kimmie said...

Hope you had a great visit. I can imagine your mama's heart while she is away at school.
Clara is quite the accomplished knitter! Such pretty work she does.

Home is where the heart is...glad your girl got some home time.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Fiona said...

I love those edges, too, so simple to do but so clever when folded over...

Related Posts with Thumbnails